Countertop Water Filter Royal Berkey System (3.25 gal) – Berkey
$283.00 – $383.00
- Can purify up to 7 gallons per hour
- Stores 3.25 gallons of water
- Removes majority of waterborne viruses and bacteria, heavy metals and chemicals
- Portable design makes it perfect for camping, picnics and potential emergencies
- More Info
- Reviews (0)
There’s nothing quite like a cold glass of water to quench the thirst. Sure, a cold beer isn’t bad, but nothing can give you that hydrating “AH” feeling like water. Even if you’re on municipal water, though, there could potentially be harmful bacteria, viruses, heavy metals and, of course, fluoride and chlorine. Even bottled water isn’t necessarily safer better as it doesn’t need to meet the EPA standards. Plus there’s the issue of all those plastic bottles being dumped into a landfill. So what is a person to do? Luckily, there’s a handy countertop water filter from Berkey.
Royal Berkey – a 3.25 Gallon Countertop Water Filter
There are three types of filters – those you need to put on your faucet, the water filter pitchers and Berkey. What sets Berkey apart from other filters is its free-standing design. You don’t need to depend on electricity or plumbing for it to work. All you need is some counter space. Once you pour the water into the container, gravity pulls it through the filters into the bottom chamber. With the standard two filters, it will produce around 4 gallons of water per hour. If you upgrade to four filters, you can get about seven gallons in an hour.
So why opt for something you need to refill instead of something you can attach to your faucet?
- It’s portable, which means you can bring it with you in case of emergencies.
- You can fill it with water from any source including streams, lakes and ponds. You don’t have to depend on municipal water or wells.
- Because it doesn’t require electricity, if you lose power, you can still have access to clean drinking water if you are on a well system.
With all that said, the system isn’t perfect. The flow rate decreases as water level declines. It’s an easy remedy though, just make sure you keep it topped off. It’s easier said than done though with the aluminum lid. If you don’t want to lift the lid off to check each time, Berkey does offer a glass lid, but it’s not included in the kit.
Besides its convenience, this countertop water filter is able to remove almost all waterborne viruses and bacteria, heavy metals like lead, calcium and mercury all without removing any beneficial minerals. This leads to a bonus side effect of tastier water. Want to learn more about how it works? Check out the video below:
Royal Berkey System Features:
- Filters up to 7 gallons of water per hour with four filters
- Can hold up to four filters
- Filters last five years before needing replacement
- Free-standing design makes it perfect for camping and emergencies
Royal Berkey System Includes:
- Two purification elements
- Upper and lower stainless steel chamber
- Stainless steel lid
- One spigot
|Dimensions||20 × 20 × 16 in|
|4 Additional Filters||
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.