EDC Kit EDC Survival Kit – Ready To Go Survival
$109.95 – $154.95
- EDC Survial Kit with all the essentials for an urban environment
- Protects from respiratory and eye injuries caused by debris
- Fits perfectly is a small backpack or a medium sized purse
- More Info
- Reviews (8)
Keep it in your handbag, backpack or car, the EDC Kit is something that you carry with you every day while you’re on the go. If an emergency were to pop up, you would have the basic tools you need to protect your respiratory system, defend yourself, communicate, charge your phone, and disinfect from potential pathogens. Weighing in at just 3.17 pounds, here’s a list of what’s in the kit and why.
The thing about emergencies is that you never know when they’re going to happen. While to some extent we can predict natural disasters, there’s still the possibility the effects will be worse. And of course we also have to contend with man made disasters. In the city, the effects of an emergency are heightened because of the possibility of debris in the air and unfriendly survivors.
Luckily, this EDC Kit provides the necessities you need to stay safe in any environment. To protect your eyes and lungs from hazardous debris in the air, the kit comes equipped with a pair of safety goggles and three N95 masks. These low profile goggles comfortably fit over glasses and are easy to adjust at a moment’s notice. Why goggles? Any damage to nearby structures could mean there are small rocks and glass particles in the air. It’s the same reason you want to put a mask on as quickly as possible if the air has pollutants. Dust, debris and other building materials can cause serious respiratory disease and even cancer. These masks can protect you for a couple hours from contaminants in the air.
At little over 3 pounds, the EDC Kit is perfect for city dwellers, travelers and offices, as it can easily fit in a backpack or medium sized purse every day. And as it’s thoroughly field-tested you have the peace of mind knowing everything will work when you need it.
EDC Kit Contents:
These items are meant to protect you from injury when while you’re on the move to a safe location. What’s inspired us to add these items is the high number of respiratory injuries that resulted from 9/11. Many people who successfully evacuated the building ended up severely injured due to inhaling toxic substances, which could have been minimized if not totally prevented by having the right protective gear.
(1) Uvex S3970DF Stealth OTG Safety Goggles
The Uvex S3970DF Stealth OTG Safety Goggles, coupled with earplugs and a N95 mask will (also included) will protect your orifices from debris and contaminants. For more advanced protection, please check out our NBC System.
- Low profile, wrap-around design fits comfortably over most prescription eyewear
- Pivoting headband clip and wide adjustable slide headband provides a range of adjustability and all day comfort
- Available with Dura-streme dual coating technology
- Easy lens replacement system
- Lens Tint: Clear
- Lens Coating/Shade: Dura-Streme
- Lens Material: Polycarbonate
- Strap Material: Fabric
- Ventilation: Indirect Vente
- Frame Color: Navy
(4) N95 Mask
In the years following 9/11, there are thousands of emergency workers suffering from horrible respiratory diseases and cancer from breathing in the dust left after the towers collapsed. If you are ever caught in a similar scenario, make sure you cover your face with an N95 mask or a damp cloth/bandana to prevent lung damage. Even if the event happened days or weeks prior, there may still be harmful contaminants in the air you want to avoid at all costs. If it’s a true SHTF scenario, seeking medical assistance after the fact might not be an option. These masks are affordable and lightweight, but must be changed every few hours to maintain effectiveness in contaminated environments. For more comprehensive protection see our NBC System.
(4) Sets of Ear Plugs
These soft low ear pressure plugs are comfortable for a variety of activities. Easy to roll foam easily inserts into ear and expands for a comfortable custom fit. Super comfortable foam allows hours of comfortable noise and sound protection. The plugs offer 31dB noise reduction.
(1) SOL Emergency Blanket
The most advanced emergency blanket on the market – meticulously designed never to fail when you’re counting on it with your life. It all starts with the material – vacuum-metalized polyethylene reflects 90% of your body heat while also offering a number of other important features that set it apart from traditional mylar blankets: it opens easily and will not shred if nicked or punctured, rips and tears can be repaired, it is quiet and won’t crinkle in high winds, and its high-visibility orange exterior makes it easy for rescuers to find you. Sized to fit one person.
- Resists tearing and will not shred like Mylar blankets
- Heatsheets material is waterproof and windproof
- Reflects 90% of radiated body heat
- Functions wet or dry
- A true ultralight multifunction backcountry tool that can also be used as a ground cloth, gear cover, first aid blanket, and more
- Weight: 2.5oz
- Size: 56″ x 84″
- Has a variety of applications and usages
(2) Pair of Latex Free Surgical Gloves
(3) Datrex Emergency Water
Safe drinking water is probably the most important thing to have in reserve when disaster strikes. 125 ml sachets of Datrex purified water are easy to dispense and loss is minimized due to the durable packaging. USCG, Canadian Coast Guard, EC and NZ approval, with a five year shelf life.
(1) Disposable Lighter
When your not in the mood to do it the old fashioned way, we included 2 disposable lighters to help you get a fire going. Even though these are included in our packs, we recommend you use magnesium fire starter to become more acclimated to starting a fire in more primitive conditions.
(2+) Bandages and Alcohol Prep Pads
You can Immediately sanitize and tend small cuts and scrapes.
(15) Wet Ones Antibacterial Hand Wipes
Can be used to wipe any part of your body from residue or grit.
(1) Lysol To Go
Can disinfect on contact.
(1) Eton Crank Radio (optional add-on item)
The FR1 is designed to keep you safe and sound, all charged up and ready to know. Perfect for everyday use or in case of emergency. Small enough to store in an emergency kit, backpack or glovebox, the FR1 packs a ton of features into a super compact size. And it’s mighty enough to charge most smartphones, play tunes and news, receive weather alerts, and light the night. Stay in tune and up to date with this AM/FM/NOAA weather band digital radio with display and alarm clock. Plug in your favorite headphones for solo listening. The FR1 powers up in multiple ways—via hand crank, built-in rechargeable battery, or use DC power via the included micro-USB cable to charge the FR1’s built-in rechargeable battery. To charge your smartphone, simply plug your charging cable into the USB port. Push the ‘CELL’ button and it will begin to charge to your phone. The FR1 has enough power to fully charge most smartphones when fully charged.
- LED flashlight
- USB smart phone charger
- Crank charging
- Receives AM/FM/Weather band
(1) Storm Whistle Emergency Whistle
This whistle creates a clear high frequency sound with a power rating 75% greater than other referee and safety whistles. Another cool feature of this whistle is that it can be heard under water, up to 50ft.
Not only will the S&W Extreme Ops knife provide a means to defend yourself against possible assailants, it also comes with a seat belt cutter and glass breaker for added functionality. As for zip ties, I can probably write a book on all the things they can accomplish, but the main application for an EDC Survival Kit is to fix/fasten gear and give you the ability to restrain someone who is a possible threat.
(1) Smith & Wesson Tactical Ops Knife w/ belt cutter & glass breaker
This knife comes personally recommended by Roman from RTGS. Its utilitarian features include a seatbelt cutter, glass breaker, and a razor sharp edge, making it ideal for personal protection and first responder functions.
- Handle Length: 4.5″ (11.4 cm)
- Blade Length: 3.5″ (9.0 cm)
- Steel: Stainless
- SteelLocking Mechanism: Linerlock
- Handle: High-Impact Composite
- Seatlbelt Cutter
- Window Breaker
- Pocket Clip
- Weight: 4.3 oz
(1) Roll Duct Tape (50 feet)
Duct tape has so many uses; it would probably take a whole book just to go through the possibilities. Here is a short list of the things you can do with Gods gift to man…Duct tape!
- Repair a pierced hydration bladder, jacket, tent, glasses, footwear, canoe, etc
- Create a first aid sling
- Bond shelter elements together
- Splint a broken fishing pole
- Make a drinking cup
- Create a belt
- Create arrow fletching
(10) Large Zip Ties
Zip ties have similar uses to Paracord, but are better suited for certain things because of their rigid and seemingly unbreakable strength. Here are a few things you can use our zip ties for.
- Place markers: Use them to mark your trail through unfamiliar terrain
- Secure a light fixture on a branch overhead when camping out
- Hold wooden poles together to improvise a survival shelter
- Temporarily restrain unruly individuals
- Create a snare for catching prey
- Secure a tent in place
|Dimensions||8 × 8 × 10 in|
Standard, + Eton Crank Radio
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Complete The Collection
Advanced Operative Survival Backpack – Ready To Go Survival
- Contains all the essentials for a 72 hour Bug Out Bag
- High end equipment made by the best manufacturers
- Contains enough space to add personal items
Military Gas Mask NBC Survival Kit – Ready To Go Survival
- Easy to deploy with a military grade leg drop down pouch
- Protects against nuclear, biological, and chemical agents
- Wide panoramic visor for crystal clear visibility
- Includes potassium iodide tablets to block radioactive particles
Tactical Traveler Tactical Survival Kit – Ready To Go Survival
- Comprehensive survival kit with 72 hours worth of food and water
- Self defense tools to fend from unfriendly survivors
- Communicate with your bug out team
- Receive radio updates on the evolving disaster
- Shelter yourself from the elements
- And much, much more