Tactical Traveler Tactical Survival Kit – Ready To Go Survival
$445.95 – $474.95
- Comprehensive survival kit with 72 hours worth of food and water
- Self defense tools to fend from unfriendly survivors
- Communicate with your bug out team
- Receive radio updates on the evolving disaster
- Shelter yourself from the elements
- And much, much more
- More Info
- Reviews (27)
Our Best Selling Tactical Survival Kit
The Tactical Traveler Tactical Survival Kit is the first kit we created at Ready To Go Survival and it’s been our top seller ever since. Weighing in at just 20 lbs, it’s got everything you need for a variety of emergency situations, making it the best pre-made bug out bag kit on the market. The narrow design is intended to keep you from snagging on anything while en route, allowing you to traverse both the brush or the urban jungle with ease. With the many optional attachments, this tactical bug out bag can be customized for urban, suburban and rural environments.
With this tactical survival kit, you no longer have to choose between having something lightweight or all-encompassing. This kit comes with almost everything you would need such as food bars, fire starters, blankets, water, first aid items and even self-defense items like a knife and safety goggles.
Considering all of the items included with this tactical survival kit, would you believe that it’s only 20 pounds? Of course, if you include your own items it may end up going over the mark. It’s perfect for short backpacking stints though you won’t be able to bring it on a plane as a carry-on due to the included blade.
Of course, its supplies aren’t limitless. In order to keep it fully stocked, remember to replace any items you use like the emergency water, food bars and purification tablets. That way you will can rest assured you’ll always be prepared regardless of the situation.
Tactical Traveler Survival Kit Contents:
(1) Medium Transport Pack
The Medium Transport Pack has a great balance of durability, storage capacity, ergonomics, and price, which makes it perfect for a tactical bug out bag. Team RTGS uses these packs regularly to commute to the city, go on hiking trips, hit up the shooting range, go to the beach, and run day to day errands. This pack has enough room to fit all the preset tactical survival kit items, as well as some extra space for personal items.
- Durable heavy duty zippers
- P/U coated lining and pockets for water repellency
- Molle compatible webbing
- Top carry handle for ease of transport
- Hydration bladder ready
- Adjustable and padded shoulder straps
- One large main compartment with zippered pouch and mesh pocket (17″ x 8.25″ x 4.25″)
- Three additional pockets and storage compartments: 16″ x 7″ x 3.25″, 10″ x 6.5″ x 2.25″, 3.5″ x 6.5″ x 2.25″
(2) Sopacko MRE (Meal Ready to Eat)
- Each pack may contain 1350 to 1600 calories
- Minimum 3 years to 10+ years shelf life at or lower than 60 degrees F
- Vacuum sealed flexible packaging
- Many of the foods can be re-hydrated with any temperature water
(1) 18 Datrex Emergency Food Bars (3600 cal)
Even if you haven’t witnessed a disaster first hand, you’ve seen the devastation they cause and you know that you can never be too prepared. In regards to food, a tactical survival kit like the Tactical Survival contains a quick boost of nutrients. Food rations from Datrex are made from all natural ingredients, have high energy value and are tabletized and sub packaged for easy rationing. They have a five-year shelf life and are also USCG approved so you know you can count on them when you need them most.
- 200 Calories per bar, 3600 calories per pack
- Sub packaged for ease of rationing and storage in your survival and disaster kit
- All natural ingredients with no preservatives and superior coconut flavor
- USCG approved; small and lightweight with a 5-year shelf life
- High energy value; ready to eat; non-thirst provoking
(1) Sawyer Mini Water Filtration System
In addition to emergency preparedness, this water filter is perfect for outdoor actives such as hiking, biking, camping and travel. Rated to 0.1 micron absolute, weighs only 2 ounces and filters up to 100,000 gallons. Attaches to included drinking pouch, standard disposable water bottles, hydration packs, or use the straw to drink directly from your water source. Removes 99.99999% of all bacteria, such as salmonella, cholera, and E.coli; removes 99.9999% of all protozoa, such as Giardia and cryptosporidium. Comes with:
- (1) Sawyer MINI Water Filter with Tip Cap
- (1) 16 oz Reusable Squeeze Pouch
- (1) 7″ Drinking Straw
- (1) Cleaning Plunger (Syringe)
- Cleaning and Maintenance Instructions
(1) Stainless Steel Water Bottle (750 mL)
- Capacity: 750 mL / 25 oz.
(1) Chlor-Floc Water Purification Tablets
Currently used by the US military (National Stock Number 6850-01-352-6129), these powder packets eliminate Giardia, most bacteria, viruses, other harmful microorganisms and sediment.
- Eliminates Giardia, bacteria, viruses and removes sediment
- 30 powder packets per box
- Used by the U.S. military
- 4-year shelf life
(1) RTGS Gear Survival Fire Starter
This tool will help you get a fire going quickly and safely – simply pull the unit apart, prepare your tinder and strike the ferrocerium rod against the metal striker to release a storm of burning sparks. Comes with a lanyard that keeps the components secure so nothing gets lost.
- Lightweight and portable
- Lanyard cord
- Ferrocerium rod and metal striker
- Closed Size: 4.5″
- Weight: 2.66 oz.
(2) Disposable Lighter
When you’re not in the mood to do it the old fashioned way, these disposable lighters will get a fire going. However, even though we include these in our packs, we recommend you use a magnesium fire starter and become acclimated to starting a fire in primitive conditions.
(1) UCO Stormproof Matches (25 pc)
These are the best matches available for harsh conditions. Each match burns for about 15 seconds even in wind, rain or cold. They even burn underwater. Extra strikers included.
- Burn despite wind or rain
- Completely stormproof
- Burn underwater
- 25 matches per box
- Extra strikers included
(5) Wetfire All Weather Tinder
A universal lighting material that is safe, lightweight and easy to carry. Guaranteed to light in windy or wet conditions and only requires a small amount of tinder to build a fire.
- Extinguish instantly
- Individually packed to maintain freshness
- Burn longer when wet or moist
- 5-year shelf life
(1) SOL Emergency Blanket
The most advanced emergency blanket on the market, it’s meticulously designed and won’t fail when you’re counting on it with your life. It all starts with the material. Vacuum-metalized polyethylene reflects 90% of your body heat while offering a number of other important features that set it apart from traditional mylar blankets. It opens easily and won’t shred if nicked or punctured, and rips and tears can be repaired. It’s quiet and won’t crinkle in high winds, and its high-visibility orange exterior makes it easy for rescuers to find you. Sized to fit one person.
- Resists tearing and doesn’t shred like Mylar blankets
- Waterproof and windproof
- Reflects 90% of radiated body heat
- Functions wet or dry
- A true ultralight, multifunction backcountry tool that can also be used as a ground cloth, gear cover, first aid blanket, and more
- Weight: 2.5 oz
- Size: 56″ x 84″
(1) SOL Thermal Sleeping Bivvy
An emergency shelter for day trips that run a little long, it can even replace your sleeping bag in warm weather. This water-resistant bivy sack gives you insulation similar to a 50F sleeping bag, so you can bring it alone on ultralight overnight trips in the summer. The Thermo-Lite 2 nylon material holds in heat and fights off moist weather during an unplanned overnight stay in the backcountry.
- Lightweight replacement for sleeping bag in temperatures above 50 Fahrenheit
- Emergency survival shelter for winter activities
- Reflects up to 80 percent of radiated body heat
- Ultralight stuff sack allows you to store the bivvy before and after use
- Thermo-Lite non-woven fabric is waterproof and windproof
(1) Rothco Mylar Tube Tent
A great emergency shelter used by survival experts for many years. It’s quick to set-up, lightweight, and can also be used to quickly gather rainwater. A tube tent is only a suitable shelter in a survival situation; it is not suitable for living in beyond a several-day period.
- Made of rugged mylar
- Enough room for 2 people
- No tent poles needed, just string the provided cord between two trees
- Instructions included. Sets up in minutes
- Weight: 17 oz
- Size: 12′ x 8′
(1) Rothco Rip-stop Poncho
Will help keep you dry, which in turn keeps you healthy. Wetness leads to chafing, blisters, hypothermia and other generally bad things. Stay dry my friends!
- 100% polyester
- Size: 56″ x 90″
- Elongated hood with under-chin ties
- Snaps on each side for double protection
- Waterproof – meets water pressure 875mm
- Grommeted corners for use as an emergency shelter
(1) First Aid Only 299 Piece First Aid Kit
This first aid kit is a perfect addition to any emergency kit. It is comprehensive enough to treat minor aches and pains and lightweight enough to carry in your Bug out Bag without breaking your back. This kit can also be used for camping, marine adventures, hiking, home, auto, and school settings.
- (1) 4-1/2″ Scissors, nickel plated
- (2) 1/2″ x 5 yds. First aid tape roll
- (1) 2″ Conforming gauze roll bandage
- (10) 1″ x 3″ Fabric bandages
- (1) 1-1/2″ x 1-1/2″ Patch plastic bandage
- (4) Fingertip fabric bandages
- (4) Knuckle fabric bandages
- (2) 2″ x 4″ Elbow & knee plastic bandages
- (20) 3/4″ x 3″ Fabric bandages
- (30) 1″ x 3″ Adhesive plastic bandages
- (50) 3/8″ x 1-1/2″ Junior plastic bandages
- (75) 3/4″ x 3″ Adhesive plastic bandages
- (3) Butterfly wound closures
- (1) Sterile eye pad
- (2) 4″ x 4″ Gauze dressing pads
- (1) 5″ x 9″ Trauma pad
- (4) 3″ x 3″ Gauze dressing pads
- (6) 2″ x 2″ Gauze dressing pads
- (2) 6″ x 11/16″ Finger splints
- (3) Insect sting relief pads
- (1) 4″ Tweezers, plastic
- (3) 2″ x 2″ Moleskin squares
- (6) Antibiotic ointment packs
- (1) Burn relief pack, 3.5 gms
- (2) First aid cream packs
- (6) Aspirin tablets
- (6) Extra-strength non-aspirin tablets
- (6) Ibuprofen tablets
- (1) Thermometer, one-time use
- (10) 3″ Cotton-tipped applicators
- (14) Alcohol cleansing pads
- (1) Emergency blanket
- (15) BZK antiseptic towelettes
- (1) 4″ x 5″ Instant cold compress
- (2) Exam quality vinyl gloves
- (1) First aid guide
Kit Dimensions: 9-1/4″ x 7-1/2″ x 2-7/8″
Model #: FAO-442
(20) Thyrosafe Potassium Iodide Tablets (65 Mg)
Today, there are 103 nuclear reactors in the US. Although they are heavily protected, there is always the possibility of an accident or terrorist attack. Evacuation is the main component of the government’s plan to protect the public. However, studies have shown that “thyroid damage can be a concern more than 200 miles downwind from a nuclear accident” and that quick evacuation is usually not an option. This was vividly illustrated when New Orleans had three days notice of hurricane Katrina. In a nuclear emergency, there will most likely be no notice. Potassium iodide must be taken prior to, or soon after, exposure to radiation in order to be effective. In the event of a nuclear emergency there simply won’t be time to protect your family with potassium iodide if you don’t already have it. Therefore, it must be on-hand.
ThyroSafe™ are the only FDA approved 65 mg. Potassium Iodide (KI) tablets sold in the US. It protects your thyroid from radioactive iodine released during a nuclear emergency. It floods the thyroid with stable, safe iodine, blocking the absorption of radioactive iodine. ThyroSafe™ is produced by Recipharm AB, Sweden, with more than 20 years of experience manufacturing KI tablets. Each tablet has a convenient cross-score, making it easy to break into smaller amounts for children.
During a nuclear emergency, radioactive iodine is released and swallowed or inhaled by humans. It is then absorbed into the thyroid gland. Even small amounts of radioactive iodine eventually deliver a large dose to thyroid cells resulting in various abnormalities including loss of thyroid function, thyroid nodules or cancer. Children, whose thyroids are especially active, are extremely susceptible. Four years after the Chernobyl nuclear accident, observed cases of thyroid cancer among children aged 0-4 years at the time of the accident in Belarus and Ukraine exceeded the expected number of cases by 30-60 fold. In the most heavily-affected areas, the incidence of thyroid cancer was as much as 100-fold compared to pre-Chernobyl rates. However, in Poland, where over 18 million doses of KI were administered to 97% of the children, there was no increase in thyroid cancer.
(10) Ammonia Inhalants
Ammonia inhalants are an added bonus item to the first aid kit used to treat and prevent fainting. Please do not attempt to use these without proper training or qualified supervision.
(1) Gerber Truss Multi-Tool
From cutting twine to opening a can of soup, this multi-tool is like having a toolbox in your pocket. Lightweight and compact, it features needle-nose pliers, serrated knife, can opener, bottle opener, corkscrew, wire cutter, crimper, Fiskars scissors, crosshead screwdriver and small, medium and large flat-blade screwdrivers. All components lock in place and the built-in safety prevents accidental openings. Stainless steel construction and made in the USA.
(1) Camping Steel Detachable Eating Utensil
Eating utensil detaches so fork and knife can be used in separate hands. Other attachments include a bottle opener, can opener, and spoon. It also comes with a nylon pouch so you can store the utensils away when not in use.
(1) Best Glide Fishing Kit
A true survival fishing kit in a very small, lightweight package. This kit is ideal for a wide variety of survival & emergency situations, but can also be used for camping and water-borne adventures. The line winder enables a firm, comfortable grip that allows positive control of the line, and the lures give you a great chance at catching something quickly. The resealable carry pouch is made from strong, durable plastic. The sharps are covered in an easily removable plastic sheath.
- Line (Approx 36m, or ~118 ft.)
- Winder / Hand Grip
- (2) Swivels
- (2) Hooks
- (2) Weights/Sinkers
- (2) Lures
- Complete instructions
- Weight: 2.3 oz.
- Size: 3″ x 5.25″
(1) Steel Folding Trowel
This durable small shovel can be used for water procurement, waste disposal, digging for shelter purposes, digging to hide stuff and much more.
- Standard 9″ trowel open
- Folds to 5″ for storage and carrying
- Heavy-gauge stainless steel blade and handle won’t rust or corrode
(1) Redline FLEX Flashlight 450 Lumens with strobe
This small but mighty flashlight has everything you need to get the job done. Flex-Power™ Technology allows it to be powered by either a single AA or the included rechargeable battery. Convenient features include a 6x adjustable zoom, dual-direction clip and powerful magnetic base for hands-free lighting. It’s water resistant, and its durable construction makes it impact resistant too.
LIGHT MODES w/Rechargeable Battery
- High (250 lumens) – 2.5 hours / 160 meters
- Low (80 lumens) – 5.5 hours / 89 meters
- Strobe (250 lumens) – 2 hours / 160 meters
- Turbo (450 lumens) – 40 seconds / 237 meters
LIGHT MODES w/AA Battery
- High (90 lumens) – 2.5 hours / 102 meters
- Low (30 lumens) – 4.5 hours / 57 meters
- Strobe (90 lumens) – 4 hours / 102 meters
- Convex lens
- 6x adjustable zoom
- Anodized aircraft-grade aluminum that’s water and impact-resistant
- Dual-direction steel clip
- Flex-Power™ Technology for flexible power
- Battery charging indicator
- Magnetic base for stability and holding power
- Side-position ON/OFF button with battery indicator
- Micro USB to USB charging cable
- 14500 rechargeable battery (included)
- 1 AA battery
- Weight: 0.2 lbs.
- Length: Compacted: 4.23” / Extended: 4.7”
- Diameter: (Head) 1.14” / (Barrel) 0.78”
(5) 6″ Glowstick(s)
These light sticks are used by military, law enforcement, paramedics, campers, hikers, scouts, utility companies, hotels, schools, boaters and well-prepared individuals all over the world. Emergency personnel and troops alike prefer AmeriGlo light sticks for their versatility in the field, using the special locking hook for a myriad of attachment options.
- 12 Hour Light Source (Green)
- 6″ length with SureFasten hook
- No flame, no heat, no spark
- No batteries
- Waterproof and safe to use indoors and outdoors
- Maintenance-free, provides steady light output all night
(1) Eton Crank Radio
The FR1 is designed to keep you safe and sound, all charged up and ready to know. Perfect for everyday use or in case of emergency. Small enough to store in an emergency kit, backpack or glovebox, the FR1 packs a ton of features into a super compact size. And it’s mighty enough to charge most smartphones, play tunes and news, receive weather alerts, and light the night. Stay in tune and up to date with this AM/FM/NOAA weather band digital radio with display and alarm clock. Plug in your favorite headphones for solo listening. The FR1 powers up in multiple ways—via hand crank, built-in rechargeable battery, or use DC power via the included micro-USB cable to charge the FR1’s built-in rechargeable battery. To charge your smartphone, simply plug your charging cable into the USB port. Push the ‘CELL’ button and it will begin to charge to your phone. The FR1 has enough power to fully charge most smartphones when fully charged.
- LED flashlight
- USB smart phone charger
- Crank charging
- Receives AM/FM/Weather band
(1) Storm Whistle Emergency Whistle
This whistle creates a clear high frequency sound with a power rating 75% greater than other referee and safety whistles. Another cool feature of this whistle is that it can be heard under water, up to 50ft.
(1) Rothco Signal Mirror
Great for signaling, looking at yourself while grooming, and observing places of your body that aren’t easily observable.
(1) Smith & Wesson Tactical Ops Knife w/ belt cutter & glass breaker
This knife comes personally recommended by Roman from RTGS. Its utilitarian features include a seatbelt cutter, glass breaker, and a razor sharp edge, making it ideal for personal protection and first responder functions.
- Handle Length: 4.5″ (11.4 cm)
- Blade Length: 3.5″ (9.0 cm)
- Steel: Stainless
- SteelLocking Mechanism: Linerlock
- Handle: High-Impact Composite
- Seatlbelt Cutter
- Window Breaker
- Pocket Clip
- Weight: 4.3 oz
(1) Uvex S3970DF Stealth OTG Safety Goggles
The Uvex S3970DF Stealth OTG Safety Goggles, coupled with earplugs and a N95 mask will (also included) will protect your orifices from debris and contaminants. For more advanced protection, please check out our NBC System (hyperlink).
- Low profile, wrap-around design fits comfortably over most prescription eyewear
- Pivoting headband clip and wide adjustable slide headband provides a range of adjustability and all day comfort
- Available with Dura-streme dual coating technology
- Easy lens replacement system
- Lens Tint: Clear
- Lens Coating/Shade: Dura-Streme
- Lens Material: Polycarbonate
- Strap Material: Fabric
- Ventilation: Indirect Vente
- Frame Color: Navy
(1) Tactical Mechanix M-Pact Camo Gloves
- Molded Thermal Plastic Rubber (TPR) knuckle and finger impact protection
- High impact PORON® XRD™ palm padding absorbs shock and vibration
- TrekDry® top-hand material helps keep hands dry and comfortable
- Second-skin fit with a hook and loop closure
- Ideal for military, law enforcement, firearm operation and maintenance repair operations purposes
- Rubberized grip on thumb and index finger for improved control and abrasion resistance
- Machine washable
(2) N95 Mask
In the years following 9/11, there are thousands of emergency workers suffering from horrible respiratory diseases and cancer from breathing in the dust left after the towers collapsed. If you are ever caught in a similar scenario, make sure you cover your face with an N95 mask or a damp cloth/bandana to prevent lung damage. Even if the event happened days or weeks prior, there may still be harmful contaminants in the air you want to avoid at all costs. If it’s a true SHTF scenario, seeking medical assistance after the fact might not be an option. These masks are affordable and lightweight, but must be changed every few hours to maintain effectiveness in contaminated environments. For more comprehensive protection see our NBC System.
(2) Sets of Ear Plugs
These soft low ear pressure plugs are comfortable for a variety of activities. Easy to roll foam easily inserts into ear and expands for a comfortable custom fit. Super comfortable foam allows hours of comfortable noise and sound protection. The plugs offer 31dB noise reduction.
Here is a great video on how to use this compass to navigate a map.
(1) Roll Duct Tape (50″)
Duct tape has so many uses; it would probably take a whole book just to go through the possibilities. Here is a short list of the things you can do with Gods gift to man…Duct tape!
- Repair a pierced hydration bladder, jacket, tent, glasses, footwear, canoe, etc
- Create a first aid sling
- Bond shelter elements together
- Splint a broken fishing pole
- Make a drinking cup
- Create a belt
- Create arrow fletching
(1) 50′ 550 Paracord
Another item with a very long list of survival uses.
- 7 strands in the core
- Length: 50 feet
- Tensile strength of 550-lbs
- Rig a pulley system to lift heavy objects
- Tie things to your backpack
- String up a clothesline
- Tie up a person (just in case)
- Replace shoelaces
- Repair broken equipment
- Use as dental floss
- Create a makeshift belt
(5) Heavy Duty Zip Ties
With similar uses to Paracord, zip ties are better suited for some things because of their rigid and seemingly unbreakable strength. Here are just a few things you can use our zip ties for.
- Place markers to mark your trail through unfamiliar terrain
- Secure a light fixture on an overhead branch while camping
- Hold wooden poles together to improvise a survival shelter
- Temporarily restrain unruly individuals
- Create a snare for catching prey
- Secure a tent in place
(4) AA Batteries
Energizer batteries now hold their power for 10 years. That 10-year shelf life means that you can be confident you’ll always have power when you need it most. As the flashlight in this kit only requires one AA, you’ll have an additional 4 batteries to get charged up and light your way.
(6) Heat Packs
These mini warmers are ideal for use inside gloves, mittens, pockets or any place where soothing heat is desired. The lightweight pouches provide reliable, even heat for 10 hours. Hand warmers are safe to use, odorless and non-toxic. The soft, lightweight pouch contains a biodegradable mixture of iron powder, charcoal, salt, sawdust and vermiculite. When exposed to the air, an oxidation process takes place that generates heat. Once activated, the warmers can be saved for later use (within a week) if placed in an airtight container. Unopened, the warmer has a shelf life of three years or more.
- Air-activated warmer lasts 10 hours
- Mini-warmer size fits neatly into gloves, mittens, coat pockets
- Each warmer 3.5-Inch x 2.25-Inch
- Safe, odorless, non-toxic
(2) 5′ Utility Straps
Great way to fasten additional gear to your bug out bag to increase load capacity.
- 2 straps per pack
- Spring loaded, zinc plated buckle
- Instantly adjustable-easy released
- Strong woven 3/4″ / 18mm polyester
- Easy to cut and seal to desired length
|Dimensions||12 × 14 × 14 in|
Black, ACU Digital, Coyote, Olive Drab, Woodland Digital, Woodland Camo, Multi-Camo
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Complete The Collection
Hygiene Kit – Ready To Go Survival
- Keeps you clean, even when you’re bugging out
- Ideal Hygeine Kit for your bug out bag
- 5.11 MOLLE bag easily straps onto backpack webbing
- Contains all the hygiene basics for up to 2 weeks
EDC Kit EDC Survival Kit – Ready To Go Survival
- EDC Survial Kit with all the essentials for an urban environment
- Protects from respiratory and eye injuries caused by debris
- Fits perfectly is a small backpack or a medium sized purse
Military Gas Mask NBC Survival Kit – Ready To Go Survival
- Easy to deploy with a military grade leg drop down pouch
- Protects against nuclear, biological, and chemical agents
- Wide panoramic visor for crystal clear visibility
- Includes potassium iodide tablets to block radioactive particles