The Ultimate Urban Survival Kit – Ready To Go Survival
$449.95 – $489.95
- Grab and go solution when disaster strikes
- Protects from the physical hazards present in an urban disaster scenario such as debris, dust, broken glass, etc.
- Every item thoroughly tested by our team in real-world conditions
- Maximum usefulness, minimum clutter and weight
- Able to breach doors and windows to aid foraging, escape, and search and rescue
- Stand-alone 72 hour survival kit
- More Info
- Reviews (14)
We teamed up with Chris from The Bug Out Bag Guide to combine our survival experience and create this urban survival kit that’s worthy of being in every city dweller’s apartment.
Living in a major city can be a challenge on normal days, so you can only imagine the problems that could arise if there’s a serious emergency. Urban survival comes with its own set of issues due to the large number of people in one area and reliance on city infrastructure, from water lines to roadways. A lot can go wrong and you don’t want to be caught unprepared.
This survival kit is tailored specifically for urban dwellers. Like others, it comes with basic shelter and water purification tablets. However, there are a few added elements to make this the ultimate urban survival kit. One of those items is the versatile SP16 SPAX Tool. Designed for military, sporting and rescue use, this tool can be a hatchet, knife or pick-ax depending on your needs. It’s perfect whether you need to lift an access hole, open a fire hydrant or cut through the front windshield of a car.
Besides breaching doors and windows, another risk in urban survival is environmental protection. With so many buildings in a small area, either natural or man-made emergencies can lead to serious building damage, creating danger from falling debris and air contamination. The included safety goggles, earplugs and mask protect from most contaminants. Luckily, they are easy to put on, so you won’t waste precious seconds struggling to get them over your eyes and mouth. Also included is a pair of camo gloves to provide excellent grip and protection from protruding nails and sharp glass.
There are definitely benefits to living in a city, but if a severe emergency strikes, you want to be prepared. If that happens, you may not only have to worry about food and water, but also air pollutants, other people and environmental hazards. We tested The Ultimate Urban Survival Kit in the heart of New York City, and it left experts impressed. The best part? It’s small and easy to store in any size apartment.
There is no doubt in our minds that The Ultimate Urban Survival Kit is ideally suited to keep you surviving and moving toward safety when time is critical.
The Ultimate Urban Survival Kit enables you to:
- Breach doors, windows, walls, containers and many other man-made or natural obstacles
- Protect your hands, eyes, ears, and lungs from dust and debris
- Defend yourself against unfriendly survivors
- Perform basic first aid
- Purify and carry water
- Start a fire for warmth, cooking, or signaling
- Communicate with your bug-out team
- Receive radio updates on the evolving disaster
- Shelter yourself from the elements
- And much, much more
(1) Medium Transport Pack has a great balance of durability, storage capacity, ergonomics, and price. Team RTGS uses these packs regularly while commuting, hiking, hitting up the shooting range, going to the beach, and running day-to-day errands. This pack has enough room to fit all of the preset Tactical Traveler items as well as extra space for personal items.
- Durable heavy-duty zippers
- P/U coated lining and pockets for water repellency
- Molle compatible webbing
- Top carry handle for ease of transport
- Hydration bladder ready
- Adjustable and padded shoulder straps
- One large main compartment with zippered pouch and mesh pocket (17″ x 8.25″ x 4.25″)
- Three additional pockets and storage compartments: 16″ x 7″ x 3.25″, 10″ x 6.5″ x 2.25″, 3.5″ x 6.5″ x 2.25″
(1) Ontario SPAX Tool Made by Ontario Knife, it’s part of the Spec Plus Next Generation series designed for military, sporting, and rescue use. The SPAX is a knife, hatchet, or pickaxe—whatever the situation dictates. Ontario Knife Company is a major supplier to the U.S. Government and military and built its reputation on uncompromising craftsmanship and quality. Epoxy-textured and powder-coated black steel blades. Full tang blades are hardened to 52-54 HRC. Kraton handle resists the elements and has finger grooves for a secure grip. Piped lanyard hole in the handle. Includes leather Cordura sheath.
- Made of 1095 Carbon Steel
- 8-inch plain edge blade
- Closed Length: 3.3-Inch
- Open Length: 13-Inch
- Weight: 26 ounces
(1) Smith & Wesson Tactical Ops Knife w/belt cutter & glass breaker This knife comes personally recommended by Roman from RTGS. Its utilitarian features include a seatbelt cutter, glass breaker, and a razor sharp edge, making it ideal for personal protection and first responder functions.
- Handle Length: 4.5″ (11.4 cm)
- Blade Length: 3.5″ (9.0 cm)
- Steel: Stainless
- Locking Mechanism: Linerlock
- Handle: High-Impact Composite
- Seatbelt Cutter
- Window Breaker
- Pocket Clip
- Weight: 4.3 oz
(2) Disposable Lighter
When you’re not in the mood to do it the old fashioned way, these disposable lighters will get a fire going. However, even though we include these in our packs, we recommend you use a magnesium fire starter and become acclimated to starting a fire in primitive conditions.
(1) UCO Stormproof Matches (25 pc)
These are the best matches available for harsh conditions. Each match burns for about 15 seconds even in wind, rain or cold. They even burn underwater. Extra strikers included.
- Burn despite wind or rain
- Completely stormproof
- Burn underwater
- 25 matches per box
- Extra strikers included
(1) 18 Datrex Emergency Food Bars (3600 cal) Even if you haven’t witnessed a disaster first hand, you’ve seen the devastation they cause and know that you can never be too prepared. Ready to eat food rations from Datrex are made from all natural ingredients, have high energy value and are tabletized and sub-packaged for easy rationing. They have a five-year shelf life and are USCG approved, so you know you can count on them when you need them most.
- 200 calories per bar, 3600 calories per pack
- Sub-packaged for ease of rationing and storage
- All natural ingredients with no preservatives
- Superior coconut flavor
- USCG approved
- Small and lightweight
- 5-year shelf life
- High energy value
- Non-thirst provoking
(1) Stainless Steel Water Bottle
- Capacity: 750 mL, 25 Oz
(1) Chlor Floc Water Purification Tablets Currently used by the US military (National Stock Number 6850-01-352-6129), these powder packets eliminate Giardia, most bacteria, viruses, other harmful microorganisms and sediment.
- Eliminates Giardia, bacteria, viruses and removes sediment
- 30 powder packets per box
- 30 packets per box
- 4-year shelf life
(1) Camelbak Mil Spec Antidote Reservoir This is more than just a reservoir; it redefines the ultimate water supply for all survival situations. It provides maximum adaptability for different environments and features the QL HydroLock drink tube that allows attachment of CPC accessories, including gas mask adapters.
- 70-ounce capacity
- QL HydroLock™ offers easy, one-handed on/off water flow on drink tube
- Quick Link™ Exit Port and QL HydroLock™ Bite Valve Adapter: tube clicks off for faster refilling with auto shut-off
- CamelBak® Got Your Bak Guarantee™. If we built it, we’ll Bak it™ with our lifetime guarantee
- Quick Link™ and QL HydroLock™ drink tube: quickly and easily attach any CPC accessory including the USMC standard filter
- New Fillport: industry’s largest opening with air-light ¼ turn open/close for a quick, secure seal that can’t be over-tightened; lighter weight lower profile design
- Insulated drink tube cover protects from harmful UV rays and abrasion
- Low-profile, baffled design reduces reservoir stack and maximizes stability
Model #: 90856
(1) Uvex S3970DF Stealth OTG Safety Goggles Couple with earplugs and an N95 mask (also included) for complete protection from debris and contaminants. For more advanced protection, please check out our NBC System (hyperlink).
- Low profile, wrap-around design fits comfortably over most prescription eyewear
- Pivoting headband clip and wide adjustable slide headband provides a range of adjustability and all-day comfort
- Available with Dura-streme dual coating technology
- Easy lens replacement system
- Tint: Clear
- Lens Coating/Shade: Dura-Streme
- Strap Material: Fabric
- Lens Material: Polycarbonate
- Ventilation: Indirect Vente
- Frame Color: Navy
(1) Tactical Mechanix M-Pact Woodland Camo Gloves
- Molded Thermal Plastic Rubber (TPR) knuckle and finger impact protection
- High impact PORON® XRD™ palm padding absorbs shock and vibration
- TrekDry® top-hand material helps keep hands dry and comfortable
- Second-skin fit with a hook and loop closure
- Ideal for military, law enforcement, firearm use and maintenance repair operations
- Rubberized grip on thumb and index finger for improved control and abrasion resistance
- Machine washable
(2) N95 Mask After 9/11, thousands of emergency workers suffered from horrible respiratory diseases and cancer from the dust left after the towers collapsed. If you’re ever caught in a similar scenario, cover your face with an N95 mask or a damp cloth/bandana to prevent lung damage. Even if the event happened days or weeks prior, there may still be harmful contaminants in the air. If it’s a true SHTF scenario, seeking medical assistance after the fact might not be an option. These masks are affordable and lightweight but must be changed every few hours to maintain effectiveness in contaminated environments. For more comprehensive protection see our NBC System.
(2) Earplugs These soft low-pressure earplugs are comfortable for a variety of activities. Easy-to-roll foam easily inserts into ears and expands for a comfortable custom fit, allowing hours of comfortable noise protection. The plugs offer 31dB noise reduction.
(1) SOL Emergency Blanket The most advanced emergency blanket on the market, it’s meticulously designed and won’t fail when you’re counting on it with your life. It all starts with the material. Vacuum-metalized polyethylene reflects 90% of your body heat while offering a number of other important features that set it apart from traditional mylar blankets. It opens easily and won’t shred if nicked or punctured, and rips and tears can be repaired. It’s quiet and won’t crinkle in high winds, and its high-visibility orange exterior makes it easy for rescuers to find you. Sized to fit one person.
- Resists tearing and doesn’t shred like Mylar blankets
- Waterproof and windproof
- Reflects 90% of radiated body heat
- Functions wet or dry
- A true ultralight, multifunction backcountry tool that can also be used as a ground cloth, gear cover, first aid blanket, and more
- Weight: 2.5 oz
- Size: 56″ x 84″
(1) Coghlans Tube Tent A great emergency shelter used by survival experts for many years. It’s quick to set-up, lightweight, and can also be used to quickly gather rainwater. A tube tent is only a suitable shelter in a survival situation; it is not suitable for living in beyond a several-day period. If you’re looking for something that can sustain you for a longer period of time, please check out our Basecamp II expansion module.
- Made of rugged 2.5 mil polyethylene
- Enough room for 2 people
- No tent poles needed, just string the provided cord between two trees
- Blaze orange color makes tent visible from a distance – this helps you avoid getting shot by hunters
- Instructions included. Sets up in minutes
- Weight: 17 oz
- Size: 12′ x 8′
(1) Rothco Rip-stop Poncho will help keep you dry, which in turn keeps you healthy. Wetness leads to chafing, blisters, hypothermia and other generally bad things. Stay dry my friends!
- 100% polyester
- Size: 56″ x 90″
- Elongated hood with under-chin ties
- Snaps on each side for double protection
- Waterproof – meets water pressure 875mm
- Grommeted corners for use as an emergency shelter
(1) Roll Duct Tape (50″) Duct tape has so many uses; it would take a book to list all of the possibilities. Here’s a short list of the things you can do with Gods gift to man…Duct tape!
- Repair a pierced hydration bladder, jacket, tent, glasses, footwear, canoe, etc.
- Create a first aid sling
- Bond shelter elements together
- Splint a broken fishing pole
- Make a drinking cup
- Create a belt
- Create arrow fletching
(1) 50′ 550 Paracord Another item with a very long list of survival uses.
- 7 strands in the core
- Length: 50 feet
- Tensile strength of 550-lbs
- Rig a pulley system to lift heavy objects
- Tie things to your backpack
- String up a clothesline
- Tie up a person (just in case)
- Replace shoelaces
- Repair broken equipment
- Use as dental floss
- Create a makeshift belt
(5) Heavy Duty Zip Ties With similar uses to Paracord, zip ties are better suited for some things because of their rigid and seemingly unbreakable strength. Here are just a few things you can use our zip ties for.
- Place markers to mark your trail through unfamiliar terrain
- Secure a light fixture on an overhead branch while camping
- Hold wooden poles together to improvise a survival shelter
- Temporarily restrain unruly individuals
- Create a snare for catching prey
- Secure a tent in place
(1) Eton Crank Radio (optional add-on item)
Designed to keep you safe and sound, charged up and in the know, this radio is perfect for everyday or emergency use. It’s small enough to store in an emergency kit, backpack or glovebox. With a ton of features in a super compact size, it’s mighty enough to charge most smartphones, play tunes or news, receive weather alerts and light the night. Stay in tune and up to date with this AM/FM/NOAA weather band digital radio with display and alarm clock. It powers up in multiple ways—hand crank, built-in rechargeable battery, or DC power via the included micro-USB cable. To charge your smartphone, simply plug your charging cable into the USB port and push the ‘CELL’ button.
- LED flashlight
- USB smartphone charger
- Crank charging
- Receives AM/FM/Weather band
(1) Storm Whistle Emergency Whistle
This whistle creates a clear high-frequency sound with a power rating 75% greater than other referee and safety whistles. Another cool feature, it can be heard up to 50 feet under water.
(1) First Aid Only 299 Piece First Aid Kit
This first aid kit is a perfect addition to any emergency kit. It is comprehensive enough to treat minor aches and pains and lightweight enough to carry in your Bug out Bag without breaking your back. This kit can also be used for camping, marine adventures, hiking, home, auto, and school settings.
- (1) 4-1/2″ Scissors, nickel plated
- (2) 1/2″ x 5 yds. First aid tape roll
- (1) 2″ Conforming gauze roll bandage
- (10) 1″ x 3″ Fabric bandages
- (1) 1-1/2″ x 1-1/2″ Patch plastic bandage
- (4) Fingertip fabric bandages
- (4) Knuckle fabric bandages
- (2) 2″ x 4″ Elbow & knee plastic bandages
- (20) 3/4″ x 3″ Fabric bandages
- (30) 1″ x 3″ Adhesive plastic bandages
- (50) 3/8″ x 1-1/2″ Junior plastic bandages
- (75) 3/4″ x 3″ Adhesive plastic bandages
- (3) Butterfly wound closures
- (1) Sterile eye pad
- (2) 4″ x 4″ Gauze dressing pads
- (1) 5″ x 9″ Trauma pad
- (4) 3″ x 3″ Gauze dressing pads
- (6) 2″ x 2″ Gauze dressing pads
- (2) 6″ x 11/16″ Finger splints
- (3) Insect sting relief pads
- (1) 4″ Tweezers, plastic
- (3) 2″ x 2″ Moleskin squares
- (6) Antibiotic ointment packs
- (1) Burn relief pack, 3.5 gms
- (2) First aid cream packs
- (6) Aspirin tablets
- (6) Extra-strength non-aspirin tablets
- (6) Ibuprofen tablets
- (1) Thermometer, one-time use
- (10) 3″ Cotton-tipped applicators
- (14) Alcohol cleansing pads
- (1) Emergency blanket
- (15) BZK antiseptic towelettes
- (1) 4″ x 5″ Instant cold compress
- (2) Exam quality vinyl gloves
- (1) First aid guide
Kit Dimensions: 9-1/4″ x 7-1/2″ x 2-7/8″
Model #: FAO-442
(20) Thyrosafe Potassium Iodide Tablets (65 Mg)
Today, there are 103 nuclear reactors in the US. Although they are heavily protected, there is always the possibility of an accident or terrorist attack. Evacuation is the main component of the government’s plan to protect the public. However, studies have shown that “thyroid damage can be a concern more than 200 miles downwind from a nuclear accident” and that quick evacuation is usually not an option. This was vividly illustrated when New Orleans had three days notice of hurricane Katrina. In a nuclear emergency, there will most likely be no notice. Potassium iodide must be taken prior to, or soon after, exposure to radiation in order to be effective. In the event of a nuclear emergency there simply won’t be time to protect your family with potassium iodide if you don’t already have it. Therefore, it must be on-hand.
ThyroSafe™ are the only FDA approved 65 mg. Potassium Iodide (KI) tablets sold in the US. It protects your thyroid from radioactive iodine released during a nuclear emergency. It floods the thyroid with stable, safe iodine, blocking the absorption of radioactive iodine. ThyroSafe™ is produced by Recipharm AB, Sweden, with more than 20 years of experience manufacturing KI tablets. Each tablet has a convenient cross-score, making it easy to break into smaller amounts for children.
During a nuclear emergency, radioactive iodine is released and swallowed or inhaled by humans. It is then absorbed into the thyroid gland. Even small amounts of radioactive iodine eventually deliver a large dose to thyroid cells resulting in various abnormalities including loss of thyroid function, thyroid nodules or cancer. Children, whose thyroids are especially active, are extremely susceptible. Four years after the Chernobyl nuclear accident, observed cases of thyroid cancer among children aged 0-4 years at the time of the accident in Belarus and Ukraine exceeded the expected number of cases by 30-60 fold. In the most heavily-affected areas, the incidence of thyroid cancer was as much as 100-fold compared to pre-Chernobyl rates. However, in Poland, where over 18 million doses of KI were administered to 97% of the children, there was no increase in thyroid cancer.
(10) Ammonia Inhalants
Ammonia inhalants are an added bonus item to the first aid kit used to treat and prevent fainting. Please do not attempt to use these without proper training or qualified supervision.
(1) Redline FLEX Flashlight 450 Lumens with strobe
This small but mighty flashlight has everything you need to get the job done. Flex-Power™ Technology allows it to be powered by either a single AA or the included rechargeable battery. Convenient features include a 6x adjustable zoom, dual-direction clip and powerful magnetic base for hands-free lighting. It’s water resistant, and its durable construction makes it impact resistant too.
LIGHT MODES w/Rechargeable Battery
- High (250 lumens) – 2.5 hours / 160 meters
- Low (80 lumens) – 5.5 hours / 89 meters
- Strobe (250 lumens) – 2 hours / 160 meters
- Turbo (450 lumens) – 40 seconds / 237 meters
LIGHT MODES w/AA Battery
- High (90 lumens) – 2.5 hours / 102 meters
- Low (30 lumens) – 4.5 hours / 57 meters
- Strobe (90 lumens) – 4 hours / 102 meters
- Convex lens
- 6x adjustable zoom
- Anodized aircraft-grade aluminum that’s water and impact-resistant
- Dual-direction steel clip
- Flex-Power™ Technology for flexible power
- Battery charging indicator
- Magnetic base for stability and holding power
- Side-position ON/OFF button with battery indicator
- Micro USB to USB charging cable
- 14500 rechargeable battery (included)
- 1 AA battery
- Weight: 0.2 lbs.
- Length: Compacted: 4.23” / Extended: 4.7”
- Diameter: (Head) 1.14” / (Barrel) 0.78”
(1) Gerber Multi-Tool
From cutting twine to opening a can of soup, this multi-tool from Gerber is like having an entire toolbox in your pocket. Lightweight and compact, it features needle nose pliers, serrated knife, can opener, bottle opener, corkscrew, wire cutter, crimper, Fiskars scissors, crosshead screwdriver and small, medium and large flat blade screwdrivers. All components lock in place and the built-in safety prevents accidental openings. Stainless steel construction and made in the USA.
(1) Camping Steel Detachable Eating Utensil This eating utensil detaches so that fork and knife can be used in separate hands. Other attachments include a bottle opener, can opener and spoon. Comes with a nylon pouch for storage when not in use.
(3) AA Batteries Energizer batteries now hold their power for 10 years. That 10-year shelf life means that you can be confident you’ll always have power when you need it most.
|Dimensions||12 × 16 × 16 in|
Standard, + Eton Crank Radio
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Complete The Collection
Tactical Traveler Tactical Survival Kit – Ready To Go Survival
- Comprehensive survival kit with 72 hours worth of food and water
- Self defense tools to fend from unfriendly survivors
- Communicate with your bug out team
- Receive radio updates on the evolving disaster
- Shelter yourself from the elements
- And much, much more
Military Gas Mask NBC Survival Kit – Ready To Go Survival
- Easy to deploy with a military grade leg drop down pouch
- Protects against nuclear, biological, and chemical agents
- Wide panoramic visor for crystal clear visibility
- Includes potassium iodide tablets to block radioactive particles
Advanced Operative Survival Backpack – Ready To Go Survival
- Contains all the essentials for a 72 hour Bug Out Bag
- High-end equipment made by the best manufacturers
- Contains enough space to add personal items